Tuesday 13 February 2007

It's my Party and I'll Sulk if I want to...

I hate my birthday. I know I should be grateful that I am alive and all that but it's always a let down-perhaps I'm still so young at heart (cue sarcastic laugh), I want balloons, party, streamers etc. I always had great birthday parties growing up-Ice skating, hot dogs and hot chocolate after, playing with my Mom's makeup, lots of presents-I still want that! Is that wrong? Should I just grow and face the fact I'm an adult? Or should birthdays still be celebrated like you're a child? Anyone?
In 3 years when it's my 40th birthday, I'm planning on doing something really special-my best friend ever Jen has suggested that we meet up somewhere for a family holiday (She's in Canada still) Brilliant idea, but where should we go? Any suggestions?
I've been up since before 6 as Joe has decided that he doesn't like to sleep until 7 at the moment. Great. Makes for really happy Mummy! I didn't get breakfast in bed or anything this morning-I got a couple of nice cards, bath bombs and some vouchers to get myself a pair of new trainers-about time, I've had mine for over 5 years!!!!! They are cream crackered.
We're off tonight for a meal with our friends Vicky and Russell. I always like a meal out, no cooking, no cleaning up after, lol
So happy birthday to me...

No comments: